Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Polar Bear




I just finished this quilt and I'm actually tired of it but still proud of it.
It, being white, gave me quite a bit of trouble.
I use a tracing kind of pattern paper for drawing my designs for quilting the borders and I, not thinking, used a led pencil to draw my design on my paper. Well, then I laid my paper down and sewed over it, following all my nicely penciled in designs and wouldn't you know it, the led smeared all over my white fabric and thread. I was horrified! It took some real doing (or should I say undoing) but I managed to get all the led out and have nice white fabric in the end. Sigh, but what a lot of extra work!
Lesson learned and I'll use a propper ink pen next time and make sure the ink is completely dry before even bringing it near my fabric. This is the end result and so far people are loving this one. It is not sold yet and is up for sale and I'm happy to say, it is wonderfully beautiful and white just like it was intended to be.


2 comments:

Brent and Becky Law said...

This is absolutely a beautiful Quilt that will not go extinct like the polar bear!
Beautiful Julie!

Reina said...

How do you sell your quilts?
Reina