Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ice Fishing
















This quilt was difficult because it was the first quilt I've ever done with piano key design around the edges. They stretch and pull out of shape very easily when sewing and so in the end I ended up with a crooked quilt that I could not seem to straighten out. Well, the answer to that was mounting it around a wooden frame and stretching it straight. I wasn't willing to just throw it away. In the end, it sold for a nice price and I was very happy.
I saved the pattern that I made for the little Inuit people on the quilt and can remake it anytime. Next time will be even more beautiful as I definately learned some things from this quilting experience.
People's responses to this quilt have been overwhelmingly positive. They love this one! I do too now, but it took me a while to like it again after it gave me so much trouble.





No comments: